Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Weekend in Michigan

Oh My Goodness! Is it no wonder I live to spend time with these kids? This past weekend, the IWU women's basketball team was playing at Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, MI. (They won both games and remain undefeated by the way) I was able to go to the games and stay with my brother. It was a 2 for 1 weekend. Zeke is such a little lover. He has the funniest personality. Ornery and so loving all at the same time. Aunt Kelley wanted very much to bring him home with her. If it weren't for these two pesky days of school, I would have.
Elijah is an absolute nut! Jason has him completely brainwashed about Ohio State. Sat. he was up at 8:00 and completely dressed for the game. He kept watching sports center while they were covering the history of the rivalry. He'd look over at me and say, "I'm so nervous! " Cracks me up! Well, the Bucks pulled out a victory so we were all very happy.
I tried to take a cute picture of all the kids in their OSU gear, but nobody was cooperating. Zeke kept hiding his face with his hat just to be funny, Emmy wouldn't keep her shirt out of her mouth and Elijah thought my frustration was hillarious. Little Miss Em looking too stylish. She was practicing her bowling. She thinks her next visit should include a trip to a real bowling alley because she's quite the pro at Silly Six Pins.
Zeke was all smiles. He loves to say cheese and be silly for the camera. Now I have to make a disclaimer here. These pictures were taken in J and Holly's unfinished basement. There are plans to paint the walls, but Holly has it really pretty cozy considering. She was worried about me posting these pictures. Just want to make sure you all don't think she makes the kids play in a dungeon.
Peek a Boo! This sums up his silliness. He was taunting me and oh how I enjoyed it. I can't wait till tomorrow. I'll get to spend another 4 days with them. I'm so excited about this week. I love Thanksgiving weekend. It's such a good time of eating, decorating, shopping, but most of all loving. I'll be sure and post about it next week! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
Kelley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

grate1  –noun 1. a frame of metal bars for holding fuel when burning, as in a fireplace, furnace, or stove.
2. a framework of parallel or crossed bars, used as a partition, guard, cover, or the like; grating.
3. a fireplace.
–verb (used with object) 4. to furnish with a grate or grates.
[Origin: 1350–1400; ME < ML grāta a grating, var. of crāta, deriv. of L crāt- (s. of crātis) wickerwork, hurdle; cf. crate]

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute is that. Joshua has that endearing nature. Lots of smiles and sly looks. Makes me homesick for my 4 grandkids.

Nice you can visit and enjoy their antics. see you thanksgiving day.

Love Carolyn

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

You're hysterical. But I think I'm even more neurotic. When I saw those pictures all I could think was... people are gonna think "what a mess is that??" . Seriously, I need help!! See you tomorrow. Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted to this one. Looks like you had a blast. Hope you enjoyed a great thanksgiving! Love ya cuz!!!!