Sunday, August 16, 2009

I've Got Nothing...

My Dad reminded me yesterday that I haven't been posting very regularly. Well, part of that is because the well has dried up. I've Got Nothing...as they say. I haven't lost a pound in over a month. I've continued to exercise and be active, but I obviously am eating enough to offset that effort. :( I don't really feel like I'm eating that poorly, but I guess I am because I don't know how else a person can exercise as much as I am and not lose weight. So, here I am at the end of summer (school starts tomorrow) and I lost 5 lbs., not 20 like I wanted. I've yet to get through that set of 10 so I could buy myself some treat. Very discouraging. I don't want to give the impression that I'm giving up. I definitly am not. I'm hoping with routine, will come some results. Hopefully packing my lunch for school will help me to eat better and be more consistent. My goal of running the 5K has also been derailed. I hurt my heel a couple of weeks ago racing my niece and nephews. It is still giving me problems and definitly changed what I can do in the category of cardio workouts. I have trouble walking and running on it. My personal trainer, Mary, says it could take up to 6 weeks to heal and of course that's assuming, I don't do anything stupid to injure it more...like wear stupid shoes. (which I tend to do) :) So, I guess I feel a little behind right now, but not totally defeated. (BTW- I don't really have a personal trainer, just a really good friend who is a highly talented athletic trainer.) I would love to post fabulous news in the coming months, so please add me to your prayer lists. This is a harder battle than most would think and it's going to take more than just my efforts to get the job done.


Kelley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a new day! Time to start fresh and get our lives headed in the right direction! I am with you on this diet thing! Lets really get focused!! We can do it!! I hope you have another great year!! Hopefully you will get a great bunch of kids!!
Love you,
Mom

Mary said...

Do not become discouraged! You are doing great!! We can all see how far you have come. Don't get discouraged by the small picture. It's so easy not to see things when you are "in" the situation. However for those of us who are "outside looking in", we see something very different. Hang in there friend & keep working hard. Heck you are MY motivation & inspiration now! Who would have thought I would be excited to go and work out every day? So keep going & great things will CONTINUE to occur!
Your very good friend who happens to be an athletic trainer (not so sure on the truly talented part of that!) :)

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about having "nothing" to talk about for a while. I would never be able to maintain a blog like you have. Keep up the good work! You are looking great:)! Marla

Susan said...

Kelley
I completely can relate to the struggles of working your butt off to lose weight and hitting plateaus and coming up against injuries. I honestly never had any long term success at weight loss until I had gastric bypass and still its a daily commitment. I will be praying that you don't lose heart and that your able to reach your goals!
Sue