Tuesday, March 24, 2009

9 Miles

Well, my trip concluded with no beach time at all. Aunt Marla, I'm sorry, but didn't make it to St. Augustine either. Another 100 miles of driving on top of what we had already done, was just too much of a deterance. Some day though, I would like to go there. Instead, just headed back to Augusta and had dinner with Jon, Andrea and Kenzie. Watching Andrea and Kenzie tell Jon goodbye was a real tear jerker! My sister is one tough cookie...I don't think I'd be as strong as she is. The trip home yesterday was long but uneventful. I must say that Kenzie was one amazing traveler. She was so good. 20 hrs. in a car seat is a long time for a toddler and she only had 1 10 min. fit in all that time. (I'll post pics of our trip soon.)

So, since the winds deterred me from my walk on Sat. I got up this morning to do my 9 mile walk. I want you to think of some destination that is 9 miles from your house and then think about walking there! 9 miles is a long way!! My friend Missy walked with me today. She did the first 8 with me which was awesome. She had only done 6 to that point and is fighting a torn miniscus in her knee. I was very proud of her. I did the last mile on my own but that wasn't any big deal. At one point she told me I was "speedy." I have to say that I'm pretty sure noone has EVER called me that before. :) This coming Sat. is 10 miles and I must say that I never dreamed I would get there. Thanks for all your encouragment and prayers through this process. It has meant the world!

Kelley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You girls are so amazing! I am so proud, I am about to burst!! :) Compared to me, you are a sprinter! YEA KELLEY!!!!!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful, Kelley!
You are an inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

thinking about walking that many miles makes my knees hurt, my back ache, my heart palputate and sweat form on my brow (actually drip off my face)

You go girl and keep it up. what an accomplishment.. Everyone is cheering for you. Can you hear it?

Good for you

Carolyn