Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Diet Update

I decided that it was time to update my diet journey. As of this morning, I have lost 14lbs. This was weigh in number 7 which means, I've averaged 2lbs. a week and that is exactly my goal. I set down this morning and in my journal that I'm keeping, I charted out my "small" goals throughout this next year. Breaking it into 20 and 30 lb chunks sure seems alot more manageable than 125lbs. which is my ultimate goal. I'm excited to see where I can potentially be at each milestone such as Spring Break, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and then ending with next Spring Break.

I have re-joined Curves and am loving it! It is the perfect workout for me at this point in my journey. I can do it, and I feel great after I do it! I definitly know that I've exercised, but I'm not so miserable that I come away hating exercise, which has been a problem in the past. As I lose, I may want to add more, but for now, it's perfect.

Most importantly, I'm feeling great. My clothes are getting loose and people are starting to notice, which always makes you feel good. As always, I appreciate any prayers you can send up on my behalf. It is definitly a spiritual battle. I know Satan is hitting me full force when I start thinking things like, "I'll never make it." "What's the point?" "Who cares, just eat it." Etc. But, God has really been with me and I've been able to fight through those moments for the most part. I've had bad days and I've shed a few tears, but I've always gone right back to my plan, which is success in itself.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your progress!
Looking forward to seeing you next Sunday.
MC

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You can do this!! You are an inspiration to me to get my act together and start trying to lose too!
You Go Girl!!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

kelly, keep up the good work. you have time to save your knees, your back, you chin and other major organs.

Sometimes I look at the brownie as I raise it to my lips and say " brownie you will be the death of me" I apologize when tipping the big glass of milk.

Love you

carolyn

Susan said...

Great job!!! I totally can relate to your weight loss struggles! I have been stuggling since I was 8! My motto now is "slow and steady wins the race" I will praying specifically for you and this journey...keep up the great work!
Sue Simpson

Jaena said...

Way to go, Kelley! I had noticed a difference and meant to say something last time I saw you.

Anon said...

Good girl! At first, when I saw your post, I read that you wrote lost "141" and my jaw hit the floor! I guess the spacing was a little off when I glanced that way. :) Satan better watch his back. He's got a lot of people praying for you in this journey. You can do it! I'm very proud of you!

Kim said...

So what is the update for this week? (3/1) I have wondered all week. I am down 13.8 as of this morning.

Kelley said...

Kim-
Last week I lost 5 which puts me at 19 lbs. total. I haven't lost any so far this week. I'm getting very irritated. :) After losing 5, I forgot what it was like to just sit at the same for a while. Hopefully, it won't last long. Way to go on yours! We need to keep at it. We can be the new "cousins" at the next reunion. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, it has been a month, and I know something has to have happened in your life about which you can blog. How is your biggest loser competition going? We started one at work, and so far (after two days) I am doing everything I am supposed to do except exercise. It is kind of fun. We are going to post our scores each week and see which team wins with the highest score at the end of 12 weeks. Looking forward to seeing you at Easter. MC

Kelley said...

MC-
I know I've been very lax. Nothing new's going on, but I do have pics of Emmy's B-day and I'm headed to Florida in a few short hours for Spring Break. I'll do a big update when I get back. I'll miss you all at Easter dinner!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

http://www.centerville.k12.in.us/administration/employment.htm