Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy 30th Birthday, Andrea!!!

Well, to my secret commenter, who is missing my writing...Here you go! To tell you the truth, I have been so busy, since Thanksgiving that I have felt like I am meeting myself coming and going. My Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful, just like I knew it would be. The shopping day was especially fun since I kept finding things for myself! So much for others! Sat. evening we had a "semi" surprise party for Andrea's birthday. I say "Semi" because she totally knew something was going on. But, her best friend, Nicole, was there and that was a surprise, so I guess that should count for something. Below I have included some pictures from her party.

Above you have Andrea with her very cool Ohio State serving platter, that is upside down if you look close enough to see the script Ohio on the field.


Andrea's best friend, Nicole who only beat her to 30 by 6 weeks.
They've been friends since birth!

I love my sister!

Since Thanksgiving, I've baked approximately 35 dozen cookies, and gone home to help host 2 big Christmas open houses that my parents hosted. That was a busy week and weekend! But let me tell you, my mom, sister and I make a great team. We had the best time and put on a spread that was Paula Dean worthy, if I do say so myself! Andrea and I would love to do that kind of thing for a living. Maybe someday....

This week, I am busy cleaning and preparing for my whole family to be at my house. We are celebrating December birthdays! Elijah turns 9 and we're also celebrating Holly and my best friend, Sue. The Holly and Sue part is a surprise, so sshhh..don't tell. Hopefully neither will read this before Sat. So, I will have pictures to post next week of this big weekend!

Then...I rest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great surprise to read a new post! I check everyday and wait, and wait! :) I know, be patient! That is hard because I enjoy reading your posts so much! You did me proud!:) Our party was a huge success because of all the hard work that you and Andrea put into it! Of course I helped but without you wonderful daughters, I couldn't of pulled it off!
Thanks again!! I can't believe my baby is "30"!! The surprise part didn't work as well as we would of liked but it was fun never the less!! Looking forward to the weekend!!
Love you,
Mom

Anon said...

Love the platter!

We need pics of all the decorations you guys did on the house!

Kim said...

It was great seeing you and this blog was so unexpected that I almost didn't even check your blog because I didn't want to be disappointed. I am glad I got to visit with all of you.

I definitely think doing it for a living is well with in reach. The party was a hit and the food was FABULOUS! BTW...I FOUND MY INVITATION...so sorry Marsha. I did get it, well Wayne did and put it on his dresser. So OOPS!

Anonymous said...

Kim,Glad to know that you got the invitation, I thought I was having a senior moment!:)
Love ya,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Well, my goodness gracious, where have I been the blog watcher. What a handsome twosome you and Andrea makes. Enjoyed my visit and my food. As always first class. I love to graze at your mom's house. Joshua really liked your cookies and I liked the turtles and loved the vegetable dip. Have to make it. Hope to see you over the holidays. Love you

Carolyn