Saturday, December 15, 2007

December Birthdays!

Well, our big family weekend came and went, but it sure was a good one. I have to say, it ranks up there as one of my favorite. It was just a good time! We started off on Friday night with just Jon and Andrea and the kids. J and Holly stayed in Ft. Wayne with friends to celebrate Christmas while mom and dad couldn't come till Sat. Friday night we had pizza and a movie night. It was a fun, relaxing evening. (As you can see)

Zeke was in an extra, loving mood and I wasn't complaining.

Time for Bed. Jon uncovered a sleepingEmmy to take her to the bed and this is how we found her under the covers. It was too funny not to take a picture.

Sat. Jason and Holly joined us at 1:00 for the IWU lady Wildcat basketball game. It was a special one as they announced the championship team of last year and revealed the National Championship banner.

After the game it was home to party and celebrate the December birthdays of Sue, Holly and Elijah! Mom and Dad arrived around 4:00 as well as Bob and Janet, Sue's partents. We celebrated those we love.
Below you have Mom and Dad with Andrea. Mom can't seem to keep her hands off Andrea's growing belly.

This is Bob and Janet Jackson, Sue's parents.
After eating, we opened the presents before cake and ice cream. We made Elijah read all his cards out loud before he could open the present. (Good practice, you know.)
Since Elijah's party (cake) was an Ohio State theme, Grandma Grate thought his present should follow suit. These are just a few of the treasures in his goody bag.
Jason liked them too. Elijah may have trouble holding on to his belongings on game day!

Elijah, 9 years old, with his Ohio State Cake!
All 3 birthdays blow their candles out together!
Sorry, these pictures are backward. Before they blew the candles.
Holly opens one of her gifts....
AS does Sue...

The weekend was so great. Sat. evening, the "siblings" stayed up late talking which was really nice. We don't get the opportunity to do that much anymore. We're all spread out and quiet talk time is at a premium with all the kids. I enjoyed it immensely.

I hope all the Dec. birthdays enjoyed their special day and know that we love you!

Just a side note, today is Sat. the 15th and we are expecting up to 10 inches of snow in the next 24 hours. I am hunkered down in my house (in my pajamas which is how I plan to stay the rest of the day) for a day of wrapping presents, reading, watching Christmas movies, basically whatever hits me. But it doesn't involve me getting gussied up and going anywhere!
How sweet is that?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend it was!! Now on to Christmas and all the fun of family being together. I can't wait!! Great pictures!!
Love you,
Mom

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

I agree, one of the best ever. I love getting older with our family, corny, but true! I'll bet you had a snow day today! Sadly, we didn't! Love you and see you Friday!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
It is nice to have people come to your house too. You have such nice place a girl after my heart.

Love the pictures of the kids, boy are they getting big. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Carolyn

Kim said...

Looks like a blast. Kind of makes me wish my birthday was in December. HEE hee... I think time talking with family is something we all need to do more often, I miss my brother so much now that he lives in Flor...I mean Texas or that Utah. I don't know where he is at. Anyway. Talk to you soon.