Monday, July 09, 2007

Hilton Head, SC...Here Come the Grates!




Our family vacation to Hilton Head, South Carolina was wonderful! We don't get to vacation all together as a family very often. This was a special treat. We rented a beautiful home on the island that had 5 bedrooms, 51/2 baths, and a huge living and kitchen area. We all enjoyed it immensly. We spent days on the beach jumping and playing in the HUGE waves! We all enjoyed that, even me who doesn't usually swim in the ocean. I have phobias about swimming where I can't see what's swimming around me. But, I put my fears aside and enjoyed the waves. We also took a day and went to Savannah, Georgia where we took a historical trolley ride. I loved that. It was a great way to see a beautiful city. We also ate at Paula Dean's restaurant, The Lady and Sons. It was a fun, special treat. Mom, Andrea and I are big Paula fans, so we were really excited. The food was delicious! I've included a slide show of my favorite pics. Enjoy! v

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our wonderful family vacation passed all too quickly!! It was wonderful and I won't forget all the great times we had! Now we have time to think on the next one and where we want to go. Plus time to save up the dough! :) Happy Birthday Sweetie!!
Love you,
Mom

Susan said...

Looks like alot of fun...great pics!

Sue Simpson

Anonymous said...

the family photo was awesome. There was the Cleaver family. Perfect and together. What a great set of parents you have that can afford to give their kids such a wonderful vacation and spend quality time. The digs were pretty great too. You all looked happy and glad you shared.

Carolyn

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Tried to comment unsuccessfully yesterday-sorry! What a perfect vacation it was. I hope our kids remember it forever, I know I will! Someday I'll get around to posting some of my pics:)...l

Anon said...

Happy Late Birthday to you!

I belong in a zoo!

I remembered your birthday and forgot to call on the 10thhhhhhh.

I tell you more in person then it'll make sense.

:)

Love ya!

Kim said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I think our next big vacation as a family is going to be in Dallas...I was thinking about having the family reunion there next year...what do you think!? (Kidding)
What an awesome looking family.