Sunday, May 06, 2007

Landscaping



What a weekend! I really don't know why I'm still awake at 10:42pm. I used muscles this weekend I didn't know I had and everyone of them is screaming at me. But, for some reason, I'm not tired. Maybe there's something to this physical labor thing. The fun began Sat. morning when Bob and and Sue showed up at 8:45 with the heavy equipment. Bob totally cleaned up my burn pile and carted off my rusting, horrible burn barrell. It looks so much better! Then, he took out some of the dirt off my huge hill in the front yard. Way better! Then he removed the pesky bush on the corner of my drive that everyone nearly hits and then removed the horrid, green ground cover on the corner of my landscaping by the garage! Way, WAY Better!

In the afternoon, Sue and I took off for Cincinnati! We always go to a couple of games through the season and this was our first this year. It was a disaster. First it was raining so the game was delayed an hour. 2nd, after the rain stopped if was chilly and breezy, bbbrrrr. 3rd, they lost. So, we arrived home around 2:00am this morning wondering why we did that.

Today after church, we dug into my landscaping. The pictures about do not do it justice. The mulch is the red kind and it looks so sharp! We worked all afternoon on the section in the back yard. The spilling basket is sitting where the groundcover was taken out. I had to put something there and that was easy. Sadly, this is only a tiny, small part of what i have to do, but I am feeling pretty proud of myself today. I think it looks good and I feel proud of my productivity.

Well, before I head off to bed, I just wanted to say thanks to all my commenters, especially Susan. Thanks for making yourself known. I always love comments even from stalkers! :) Actually, I have been thinking about the phenominon of this whole blogging thing. I started it as a way to share my life with others, mostly friends and family, but strangers too if they're interested. Somewhere along the line though it became more about the comments. I gauge how interested I am in writing by the feedback. I think this is normal, but I realize that it puts alot of pressure on those of you reading. I am going to try and make my posting, hopefully more frequent, more about my desire to express myself. I find it somewhat theraputic even if it's just a matter of sharing my day, so, comment if you like or just read if you want. I'll keep right on writing!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks so nice. If you two would like to come to Columbus to work on my yard I will take you out to eat?

Your comments about blogging was well put. I think we get somewhat put off commenting sometimes when the information is not pertinent to the person reading or it strikes a note of making us uncomfortable. I personally like to write as a way to express my thoughts but have to admit I like to hear from those reading. I look forward to reading all your blogs. Let's just keep letting each other know from time to time that we're not writing in space. ha

Look forward to seeing you at the mother and daughter banquet and hearing you sing.

Love ya Kelly and thank you for the birthday wish.
Carolyn

Kim said...

It looks great. Landscaping will be our next adventure on our house but I don't think I will get it done in 2 days. I love the spilling bucket idea...maybe I will have to do that here. It is not like anyone will pass by my house and your house in the same day.
As far as the commenting go. I agree...I still blog but mostly for my loyal readers from church. I don't like to disappoint. I forgot the reason for the blog...a daily journal. The comments are more of an approval and a bit of pridefulness for me...I am proud of how far I have come and I want approval from all who knew me then and know me now. When no one comments I jump to the conclusion that they think I am in the "baby" stages of my walk with God and that it will soon wear off. FANACTICAL...I HOPE NOT!

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty your landscaping looks!! I wonder where I could put a spilling bucket of flowers at my house? :) You do good work and it shows!! I am looking forward to this coming weekend and getting some flowers planted at my house! You keep posting and I will keep commenting!
Love ya,
Mom

Susan said...

Now that I have "broken the ice" I hope your prepared for comments from me:) I am very impressed with your landscaping abilities, my husband and I hate it so much that we have had to hire it out. I was worrying that my neighbors were labeling us "the Lazy Simpsons, with the crappy looking yard". So, my hat goes off to you!! It looks great!

Sue

Anonymous said...

Kelley, I love to read your blogg, not only for what it says but the way you you say it. I wish i could do that. You know I love your house and the landcaping looks great. Question- what color mulch should we use? I like the red but we always use black.

Kelley said...

Dad- Stay with black. I'm afraid the red would class with your burgandy shutters and door. See you in a few days! Love ya!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Dad I agree with Kel. The black looks great! Kel- wow, looks totally awesome! We've still got TONS of work to do here, not sure it'll even all get done this year, oh well!

Anonymous said...

Wow! the landscaping looks great! Do you contract out? I could use your services.

Missy

Jaena said...

Count me in on the contracting out...I need landscaping advice and can pay in tokens. :)

It looks fabulous - I'm very impressed, Kelley (and Sue!)

Deb said...

Your yard looks great! Very inviting for after softball get togethers :).

Thanks for making me feel missed in blogland! It's good to be (kind of) back.