Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

Are you hearing the commercial in your head? I was as I typed the title of this blog. Well, just as I knew it would, the holidays are zipping right by. I must say though, that I am truly enjoying the season. I can't put my finger on anything that's different, but I'm just extremely loving this holiday season. I have all but one present bought (that I will get tonight because it was just released today). I am going to do some Christmas baking (don't faint Andrea). I'm not sure what has come over me, but I've caught the Martha bug. I'm even enjoying school. Usually the kids are crazy at this time of year, but so far so good. I even decorated my classroom so I can enjoy the cheer all day long.

Sunday I had my cousin Jennifer over for dinner. She's a junior at IWU and had never been to my house. It was really fun. There are 20 of us grandkids and we see each other, maybe 3-4 times a year at family dinners/holidays. Kind of hard to really know each other and to be close. So, I really enjoyed talking with her and getting to know her a little better.

This week my best friend turns a year older. I won't tell you how old she is out of respect for my elders. Happy Birthday Sue!

I had to take my car back to the shop. Something with the clutch. That could have easily stolen my joy, but I'm trying not to let it bother me. Anyone need a nice, used Honda... You know, the best cars ever made that I will drive forever now because they are so wonderful... The ones that will run for a gazillion years...Okay, sorry about the sarcasm. Just had to throw that in there. Give me my GMAC anyday!

Would it be weird to do a Christmas card with a picture of just me? I keep getting these wonderful Christmas cards with pictures of kids or whole families. What do you do if you're single?I feel like I should go sit in front of a tree and have someone take my picture. Would that be weird? Would people post it on their refridgerator like I have done? Just wondering.

Well, time to wrap this up for today. Remember: He's the reason for the season!

Love,
Kelley

12 comments:

Deb said...

Kelley, if you send me a card with your picture, I will put it on the fridge!

And I know what you mean about the Thursday night thing - and I should have only committed to it for the summer. I should have added that to my list - I want to go to ladies night on thursdays, but yet...

Anonymous said...

Kelly I think you should do that and then take a poll asking what people thought. You could start a whole new industry for single people. Greeting cards for all occasions, I agree with Deb I would put it out for others to see. We love you. I bought my own birthday cake one year and told the clerk to put happy birthday to me. You do what you have to do. Glad you are enjoying the holidays. I put up a tree and each night i seem to be adding something else so festive I have become.

Love ya

Big John said...

Merry christmas. I know what you mean I am really enjoying the holiday but then again it has been in the 60's here so it is hard to appreciate everything I have been given. So sing another verse of joy to the world and pass the egg nog!!! Love ya cuz!

Anon said...

Take a pic of you and my favorite dog. :) Although, I would put a pic of you up without the dog who likes me so much.

Gee, I guess I gotta be a cousin to get an invite. :)

Sorry about the last few Thursdays, but it's been crazy, crazy around this place.

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a picture of you sitting by the tree! I would definitely put it on the fridge!! I know what you mean about loving Christmas this year. I am loving my decorations and having people in to share it with. It is so much fun!! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelley, I was reading comments to your blog and it sounds like your coming home for the week end, Your mom can't keep a secret. Love the comment about the honda, Go GM!Love ya.

Kelley said...

Yes, Dad it's true. I'm coming home just to see you shake your thang in the Christmas musical. Or should I say perform your choreography because good Wesleyans don't dance especially at church! Gasp! Can't wait to see it! (And You)

Jaena said...

I was going to suggest that you add your dog in the picture too...I'm telling you, great minds think alike (scary, Anon).

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

You MUST take a picture for your Christmas card! I would post it with pride on the fridge. I'm feeling bad we don't have our little Piper in our family pic. Good reason for retakes???

Anon said...

Miss Etiquette gets flattered when she realizes a moment has happened where she actually thinks as amazingly as I do.


hahahahahahahahah.....j/k :)

I'm cracking myself up right now, you know. :)

Jaena said...

You're cracking me up too, Anon. I'm telling you, try to give someone a compliment and what do you get?

I also just realized something that would drive you crazy Anon..."accidentally" using your name in a comment on someone's blog other than your own (since you couldn't delete it). Not that I would do this or anything; it just crossed my mind while I was typing, carfully using "Anon" instead of ------. ;)

Anon said...

hahaha, funny. I'll just remind you that I know where you live.

Hey Kel, never mind us wasting up your perfectly great commenting space and having a discussion. hahahaha