Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Many Christmases

Let's start at the very begining. Friday, Dec.22nd we had the Grate Christmas at Dayspring Wesleyan Church. Many gathered for good food and fellowship with family. It was a special evening. Grandma was a little confused about who some of us were, but she was in high spirits.

This is Sam and Emmy having a good time being silly.















Below is Kelley and Andrea. Who knew we looked so much alike?















Everyone took this opportunity to get a special picture with Grandma. This is one of my favorites.














Grandma with her 6 children from left to right: Marla, Margo, Brenda, Sis, Marion, and Keever.














These are Margo's 5 daughters and Becky who belongs to Marla. Aren't cousins fun?

Dad took this opportunity to get a special picture with his Mom. I love this one!









Cousin Scott read the Christmas story and did the devotional this year. It was special as always.















Christmas with Jason and Holly and the kids took place on Sat. morning. What a blast we had. The kids were hillarious as they loved each present with such drama. J and Holly were fun too! :) Here you have Jason and Zeke with their new looks.















Elijah LOVED his official Troy Smith jersey!
















While Emmy Rae got a new OSU shirt and buckeye necklace. Zeke got an OSU jogging suit so now everyone's ready to go for the big game on the 8th! GO BUCKS!
















Next came the Walsh Christmas on Christmas Eve. Everyone had a good time eating and opening presents. I had Aunt Linda's name this year and she loved her Santa decoration. Mom will kill me for posting this picture, but it's too fun not to post. Sorry Mom! She got her brother a Nascar hat, but she's as much a fan as he is, so she tried it on and was being silly. I caught her in the act.








Grandpa Walsh got himself a new coat. He looks pretty happy with this gift.

A traditional family picture!
















Christmas morning was enjoyed in it's customary way. We jumped on Mom and Dad's bed about 6:30 which was a little later than normal. They had already been up and were just waiting for us. Jon did join us for the customary wake up call which got some chuckles. Here you have Andrea and I in our Christmas PJ's.















Andrea got Jon a new coat.




















Mom loved her Christmas purse from Andrea.
















Looks like it was the season for coats. Andrea and I went together to get Dad a new coat too.



Christmas Day was also a sad day because Grandma Grate fell and sprained her wrist and fractured her pelvic bone. She's back in the hospital with another 4-6 weeks in a rehabilitation facility. This made for an unusual Christmas day as it was just mom and I for most of the day. We did have a nice visit with Carolyn for a few hours which made the afternoon fun. Well, as I sit here typing this, I'm thinking about all the decorations I need to take down and the outside lights. It's fairly warm and sunny today, so should I get out there and do it? I sure don't want to. I love putting it all up, but I sure hate taking it down. Well, guess I better get to it. I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful, blessed holiday season like I did!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Kelly your blogs have been a family history. What great memories to share with everyone. It is always good to share this time of the year with you and your mom and dad. Hope you managed to dedecorate, if that is a word. ha
I am dreading it like a sore thumb. Loved how it came out but taking it down is always as challenge of patience trying to figure how someone was able to put those items in those small boxes. One year I cut the lights in half when they got tangled. I guess i thought I could reattach somehow. Take care as the new year approaches.

Love
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

OK, You are in so much trouble!! I can't believe you put that terrible picture of me on your blog. I about died when I saw it!! You bad girl!!! :) Daddy had a good laugh though!! It was a great Christmas and I too hate the thought of taking everything down. But mine will wait till after the new year!!
Love,
Mom

Anon said...

What is my BJ Buddy talking about? I LOVED that picture of her, shows a lot of personality.

I loved, loved, loved this post. It's like seeing part of my wonderful family and how we're all growing up and expanding in descendants. I'm glad to see Grandma Grate made the occassion. What a wonderful woman of God! Great pics!!!!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

What a good time it was! The picture of Mom is killin' me! What a hoot. Hope to hear some good news about G. Grate soon...

Kim said...

Love the pictures and I saved the one of Emmy and Sam. It always amazes me how the play together as if they see each other everyday. I had a wonderful time and I love that you all include us in the "Grate" Family. Keep us all posted on Grandma Grate...we are praying for her.