Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm so sorry!!

Brooke Amstutz
Liz Howerth
It's not like I don't work for a living!! Give me a break. :) Just kidding. Life has been busy. Okay, here we go!

Wildcat Update...The first game at Nationals was fantastic. The wildcats played like the team from early in the season winning easily 81-53. Liz had a great game breaking the IWU all-time scoring record. This surpassed our favorite record holder Deb Porter Wuertley. (Sorry Deb) This advanced the wildcats to the second round to be played on Friday night against Northwestern of Iowa. Unfortunately, we were not victorious Friday night. We lost by 3 in a great game that some say was Championship material. Northwestern had also been ranked #1 in the nation during the season so you had a match-up between 2 great teams. The wildcats traveled home on Sat. I'd like to say thanks to the Kats for another terrific season. You were a joy to watch. Sue- you'll have to pass that along since you're the only Kat reading my blog! :)

Weekend Update...Yes, I am still alive. I had Elijah (7) Emmy (5) and Zeke (2) by myself for the weekend along with 2 dogs. I was totally on my own since Sue was in Iowa. YIKES! I'm a little tired today, but have no battle scars. :-) The kids were great. They gave me lots of laughs. Zeke is into EVERYTHING, but he is such a little lover. He loves to cuddle and give hugs. Aunt Kelley can't get enough! Emmy is our little Diva who took every opportunity to remind me that she's a big girl now because she's 5! Elijah, he's too smart for his own good. A big Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Grate who made a quick day trip over on Sunday to see the little munchkins and give Aunt Kelley a little help. We had a great day as it was BEAUTIFUL AND WARM!! The kids got to play outside most of the day which was wonderful.

Life Update...Things are going fine. School is progressing quickly, which is a GOOD thing. Money... Well, let's just say that I threw a little temper tantrum in Wal-mart the other day because I couldn't buy what I wanted, but I'm sure I'm going to be a better person in the end. Jobs...Nothing within driving distance has been posted yet, but I'm still hopeful. So, there you have it! I hope that soothes some ruffled feathers today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought about doing the whole Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan thing at St. Francis with Liz, but I figured with her having another whole year, her breaking the record would be inevitable. Seriously though, she's a great player, and better yet, an unselfish one, which makes me wonder how many points she would score if she shot as much as she should.

Kelley said...

I agree. I'd love to see her come out next year and play a little more agressive. I'm glad you refrained from trying to hurt her. You would have looked really silly considering you graduated...10 years ago? That would have made an interesting blog topic though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, Deb, I also am glad you didn't hurt her. I'm pretty protective of my girls :) Well, needless to say, we had a great time in IOWA. We definitely have the best group of kids of all the teams. They are truely witnesses for Christ in how they behave and how they play. It's so great to be a part of such a wonderful group of people. IWU should be very proud of the world changers they have in the IWU women's basketball team. To bad President Barnes doesn't read your blog.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is it is about time. I check and I check and still nothing. Nothing....so then I have to work. I don't want to work I want to goof off. But congrats to the girls of IWU sounds like they are a great team. I would come see them play but I don't like the cold anymore. I think I am allergic. 84 and sunny today!!! Tell Andrea and Sue I said hey! Love ya Cuz!!!

Kelley said...

John- I know I've been bad about writing. I'll try to be better. If you keep commenting on the weather however, I might have to do a rant on rude people who live in warm places and like to rub it in everyone's face. :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your right. It is not fair that I am here and the idea of cold front is when it dips into the 50's. I should keep my comments about the sand and the sun all to myself. I promise to mention how warm it is or is going to be until we can all enjoy it together. So until summer comes to Indiana in 3 or 4 months I will keep that all to myself ;) Love ya