Monday, January 23, 2006

A New Day!

Well, here it is another Monday. Usually I hate Mondays, however I was actually excited about this one. I was a little "blue" last week. Whether it was hormones, sickness, or just plain depression, I'm not sure, but I didn't really want to do anything. I struggled to do my job, didn't really want to work on my classes or internship either. As a matter of fact, I took Wednesday off because I couldn't face another parent e-mail complaining about their child's B- instead of an A. If only the students who were failing had parents so concerned. Anywho, I say all of this to say that "this too shall pass." I couldn't imagine feeling better last week about my situation. I was tired, sick, or maybe it was sick and tired, I'm not sure, but I just didn't want to work hard anymore. I'm almost at the end... I can see the prize before me but I thought I was out of steam. I had hit the wall so to speak. But amazingly, through the prayers and encouragement of good friends, (and some off limits mashed potatoes with gravy) I am feeling better. I was ready to tackle this week and get myself back on track. It's been a productive day! I thank God that he doesn't give up on us when we get in the "poor me" mode. Now if only I hadn't had 142 missing assignments to contend with......

1 comment:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Kel-
Thanks for being so transparent! Lovin' it!
Your other sis...