Monday, January 16, 2006

Blogging???

Well, here it is, my very first Blog. I would never in a million years have thought that I would want to do this, but I was inspired by my sister in law this past week. She started one and I loved reading it. I thought it would be a great outlet for me and a great way to stay in touch with some family and friends.

I'm going through a lot of transitions in my life right now from buying my 1st home, finishing up my masters degree, to seeking "Financial Peace". I'm amazed how much God is teaching me in these changing times. I have never felt his constant presence more than I have since moving out on my own. Although that alone has been a huge change, the move has gone amazingly well. Most of you know that I shared a house with my best friend for 13 years. Talk about a transition... It seemed more like getting a divorce. We have managed to stay strong in our friendship though which I am so thankful for.

I will finish my masters in administration this coming June and will be seeking a Principal's position next fall. I am both excited and scared to death by this change. I've been told by certain friends that I have the perfect personality for this change, but I'm not sure it was a compliment. :) Please pray as I continue this endeavor that God will give me strength, courage, and much wisdom.

And last for today, "Financial Peace"!! Seems like an oxymoran. I'm not sure the two words go hand in hand? However, I am working on it. I am living without the use of credit cards for the first time which had been a HUGE challenge!! My Mamma taught me how to spend and spend well. I'm going through some serious withdrawl, but so far I'm making it. My name is Kelley and I'm a spender! I'm now 21/2 months credit card free. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Kelley, Kelley,
HA! "My name is Kelley, and I'm a spender!" I laughed out loud, hard!!! Loved it, really! I'm so proud of you. If you want to know how do links and pics call me and I'll walk you through. Josh had to teach me how (at 1 in the moring no less!)
Holly