Monday, June 18, 2007

We had a MAGICAL Time...

Well, it seems like ages since my last post. Since that time, I have finished up the school year, spent a week at Disney and have been back floating on a raft in Sue's pool for a week. Okay, about Disney. Sue and I took her neice Amy to Disney World for a week! We stayed right on the Disney compound at the Pop Century Resort. We had a fabulous time. I of course LOVE disney! When I taught elementary, my entire room was decorated with all the disney characters. The fun part of this trip, was taking Amy who had never flown or ridden any kind of rides. She loved it! By the end of the week, I even had her flying upside down in the dark on the rockin roller coaster with me at MGM studios! We failed to convert Sue into a roller coaster lover, but 2 miracles in one week might have been alot to ask. :) The above picture (not state the obvious) is of the 3 of us with everyone's favorite mouse, Mickey!
Best friends, Sue and Kelley, with best friends, Pooh, Piglet and Tigger. Aww!
We got a little worried by how much the characters loved Amy. They were always hugging on her and wanting her to kiss them. Must have been those killer dimples!
This was the Hippy Dippy pool in our 60's section of the resort. It was awesome! Each of the decades was decorated with phrases and memorablia from the pop culture of that decade. Below you'll see some of our 60's phrases.

It was a full, fun, but exhausting week. I felt like I walked 100 miles. If you've never done Disney, this is the way to do it. Unlimited access and freedom to come and go is the way to go. Now I can start looking forward to the next vacation to Hilton Head with my fam! I'm hoping this one will be a little more relaxing! Hope everyone's having a great summer!
Kelley
P.S.
Interview at Madison Grant at 8:00 Tuesday morning. Please pray! Thanks!

7 comments:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Talked to Mom today who failed to mention your interview!!!! Hope it went well!!! Lookin' forward to vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, your pictures are outstanding. I think you found the way to go. Enjoy your time and feel free to go back to your room or in the park. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Good luck in the AM for your interview. It must be nice to be going on another vacation so quickly. Enjoy.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Next time you go to Disney, I want to go too! :) People in wheelchairs get to go to the front of the lines! :) just kidding but I am so glad that you had a fun time! I too am looking forward to our family vacation! Hopefully we can all relax and enjoy! I am sure it will fly by and we will all be wondering how did the week go by so fast! But I am ready to start packing! Good luck this morning and I am praying for you!!
Love you,
Mom

Susan said...

I hope the interview went well. I am trying to get a part time job at night and had an interview at Babies R us..it was 3 hours. I couldn't believe it! I felt like I was interviewing for the White House or something!

On a side note, does Carolyn still have a blog? Blogger hasn't let me link to it for over a week now. Oh no..what is a stalker to do!

Sue Simpson

Kelley said...

Susan- Carolyn accidently deleted her blog. Her daughter is supposed to be getting her back up and running soon. :)

Deb said...

I was thinking about you today re your interview - hope all went well.

Anon said...

Where have I been? I did not know you were taking a trip to Disney. I'm in the clouds.

....and it's okay that you missed the big 3-5. I forgive you! :)