Monday, March 12, 2007

Overwhelmed! IWU 93- Cedarville 56

This is the only word I can think of to describe how I feel right now. My Lady Kats are headed to the National Champtionship game tomorrow night. I screamed, hooped and hollared as we had the game of our lives tonight. They ran right over Cedarville from the word go finishing with a 93-56 win. A statement was definitly made. To those doubting if they deserve the #1 ranking, I think they showed that they most certainly do. How about Sarah McGill? She was on fire! 31 pts!!! Tears flowed as Breanne Miller hit a bucket at the end of the game. Those who don't know her situation, she is recovering from cancer and has not been able to play, but coach put her in the last 2 min. and she was able to score. The team went nuts, and I cried. Big surprise I know. I so badly want to be there. As their #1 fan, I should be there. But, circumstances are going to keep me here in Indiana unfortunately. I will be watching though thanks to my good friends, the Porters. Luckily, Doug gets the station that is televising the final game. I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight. My adrenaline is pumping. You would think I played the game. :) Sue just called and she's definitly on a high. These are memories they'll never forget. She asks that everyone say a prayer for calm, confidence and that they'll play to the best of their God given abilites.

3 comments:

Anon said...

Party at my house! :)

Cry? I can't believe that one.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations to the Wildcats! I'll say a prayer.
Marla

Anonymous said...

As I am writing this comment I too am wiping tears, who would guess? :) Way to go Lady Kats!!!
We will be praying!!
Love,
Mom