Tuesday, March 13, 2007

NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!


Well, where do I start? My heart is full to over-flowing. I am so proud of my Wildcats!!! Tonight turned out a little differently than I thought. I had originally planned to spend the evening with the Porters, but ended up at my friend Heidi's. I'd like to explain how that switch occured. I have struggled with my emotions through this whole thing. I feel a little silly saying that, but I don't think I can explain how much I support this team. I pray for them and put my whole heart into their games. I have watched every game through the tournament by myself. I have been quiet and introspective. I have screamed and hollared. I have jumped up and down, etc. I just started realizing today that I didn't think I could watch this game with other people. I didn't have it in me to be social. I had decided that I would just purchase the game and watch it on my computer. I was sharing this with Heidi on the way home and she said, "Why don't you watch it at my house?" We have 2 TV's so you can have the basement to yourself. It ended up being the perfect solution. I know the Porters were more than willing to have me and I hope they know how much I appreciate the offer, but I knew, I needed to be by myself. I sat with tears streaming down my face as the girls were given their awards. Their tears, joy and exuberance was so enjoyable to watch. Steph Culp won the tournament hustle award and Liz Howerth won the tournament MVP; two huge honors! The win wasn't as pretty as they probably would have liked. After Monday night's shooting clinic against Cedarville, we struggled on offense, but everyone knows that defence wins championships and tonight that certainly held true. We held a team that averages 80 pts. a game to 33 pts. Can't beat that! To the Lady Kats ~ Congruatulations! There is no more deserving team! You've certainly given us a fairy tale season; undefeated 38-0! To my best friend Sue ~ Congratulations; now get home and take care of your dog! She's driving me nuts and hogging the bed! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sorry about the dog. I do appreciate you taking such good care of her. I wish I could blink and be back. This was the most awesome thing I have ever been a part of. There is no greater feeling than winning your very last game. We experienced that when we won the National Christian College Tournament in 2002, but this totally tops that. I can't even begin to express how I feel. I have cried a lot yesterday and today just thinking about the seniors and the opportunity for them to finish a perfect season. We watched Facing the Giants on the way out here and adopted the song "With You" from the movie soundtrack. We made that our theme song after the MCC tourney championship. I believe God brought us through this amazing season for reasons greater than we could possibly even fatham. We have the most awesome Christian young ladies on our team. I'm so thankful I have been able to be along for the ride. What an incredible ride it has been. Thanks to all who have prayed for us over the season. The kids just wanted to Glorify God with their play on the court. They have definitely done this. We have had so many comments out here on how our kids conduct themselves. They are truley World Changers.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS LADY WILDCATS!!
I didn't see one game but got calls after most games to keep daddy and I updated. We were cheering for the team from here in Ohio!! I am so proud and happy for you all!!
Love,
Mom Grate

Kim said...

I have been watching your blog closely and checked it today just to see what the outcome was of the big game. Congrats to girls and to their loyal fans.

Kim

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Holy crap!!!!!! Man did I do a serious victory dance here in GR when I saw this post. I didn't realize the game was yesterday, though, so I'm a day late with the comment here. Sue- what can I say? Congratulations! You deserve. Now- get your own blog so I can comment on it! HA! Love you both....

Anonymous said...

HEY HEY way to go.... How exciting for you but so awesome for SUE.

It is great that you care so much and support the team effort. I know that means an awful lot to the players.

It is good to see Christian players that have ethics and play fair. Wonderful inspiration.

Gooooooooooo Lady Wildcats.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Kelley,
What has been the reaction at IWU? I imagine that everyone is ecstatic. How exciting!
Marla