Monday, November 19, 2007

What a Weekend!

I had such a fun weekend! I had my niece, Emmy come for the weekend to help me with my Christmas decorating and some cooking. We also spent about 2 1/2 hours in the beauty shop while I got my hair done. She was a real trooper! I worked her to death and she seemed to enjoy every minute of it. The work was enjoyable because we sang, talked and cheered on our OHIO STATE BUCKEYES while we worked! Once the decorating was complete, we started cooking for Sunday's SS harvest dinner. Emmy helped me make cheesy potatoes, taco salad, turtle pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie squares. When it was all complete, I took her down to drive through the walk-way of lights. I thought this was a good idea because it is early in the season and nobody would be there. WRONG! I got in the middle of some parade that I didn't even know was happening. We sat for close to 45 min. at a dead stop. I was not amused, but Emmy kept insisting that it would be worth the wait. Well, I'm not sure it was for me, but she loved it so I guess it was. She was sound asleep by the time I got her home.

The weekend only continued to get better with our first service in the new church on Sunday. It was incredible! The building is amazing and so beautiful. It was such a special day. Emmy loved the church and the kids wing, especially. She was so excited to go to the kids church. After church our SS had a Thanksgiving dinner to thank the pastoral staff for all they do. The food was wonderful and the fellowship was even sweeter. It was a blessed day, indeed!

With only 2 days to work this week, it's looking to be a good one. I love Thanksgiving! I can't wait for the food, decorating, Christmas music, movies, shopping, but most of all time with my family. We're going to miss Jason, Holly and the kids this year, but we'll have them for Christmas. Well, I should wrap this up. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Kelley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how Jealous I am!! I can just picture you girls working away! I think Emmy is going to be a good cook when she grow up! She comes from some good stock!! I am so proud of you and the time that you give!! You are one special Aunt and the kids are so lucky to have you!! Can't wait for you to come home and let the fun begin!!
Love you,
Mom

Anon said...

....and don't forget the fun of having two precious little angels traveling back to IN with you.

:)

loved the potatoes and the taco salad and the pumpkin pie squares.

Yummy!

Kim said...

I was wondering if I was the only one blogging as of late. I can't wait for the holidays either, maybe we can make a stop over to see everyone this weekend. I sing in the choir at 8:30 Sunday morning...see you there! LOL

Anonymous said...

It is always good to hear the latest and what a nice picture of you both. It is hard to imagine Emmy being old enough to do all those things.

You are indeed a grate aunt.

Love you
Carolyn