Monday, August 20, 2007

A New School Year

Well, here I am...One week in! It's been an okay start to the year. It's too early to make any predictions. I'm wondering why I wanted to switch subjects. While Science is not my area of expertise, all my lessons were prepared. I'm back to square one with Language arts, but I do love the subject more, so I guess that's a good thing. I have a big bag of work with me tonight.

To be honest, I'm having a hard time even writing. My heart is just sad and heavy for my friends the Osbornes and Hummels. I know most everyone who reads my blog is also connected to them as well, so I won't retell the story, but if you are unaware, you can go to http://hummelnest.blogspot.com/ for the updates on Bryson. It really just breaks my heart. It seems like I've known more people who've experienced tragedy in their lives in the last few years, than in my whole life leading up to it. I wonder why that is? One thing I would like to share is about a book I read called The Shack. It's about where tragedy meets eternity. The book is fiction and can only be purchased online from the website http://www.theshackbook.com/ but it was incredible. As a matter of fact, I feel the need to read it again to help myself wrap my brain around this situation with Bryson. I know God has an amazing plan for this little boy. I pray for peace and comfort for his family and for him as he deals with the loss of his leg.

Well, I hope everyone is having a good start to the week.

Kelley

6 comments:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hey sis. Just a note to tell you I love you and miss you. We'll be home in OH for the weekend to help Dad with some work and to see the Osbourne's. Any chance you'll make the trip??? Loveyou.

Kelley said...

Holly-
I miss you guys too. I wish I could come. I found out a day too late. I just committed yesterday in SS to help with the church picnic next week. I don't usually even go to church picnics! But, I probably should do it. I'm wanting you to come for Labor day, but I'm sure 2 weekends in a row might be too much. I would like to get the kids though if possible. I'm missing them something fierce. Give me a call so we can figure it out! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how fast the summer went by! But believe it or not, daddy has been talking about Christmas decorating. He is already getting in the mood! SHOCK!! We will miss you this weekend!! But understand why you can't join us.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Language ARTs? well, What ever am I doin writin these hear blogs. You will do a wondrful job teachin them youngins.

The tragedy of the Osborne family has had a profound affect on all of us because it could happen to one of us. It is the unthinkable that throws us into a tailspin. All I could think about was my 4 grandchildren and how quickly they can do things no matter how careful we are they are fast, filled with no fear and they can't see the big picture of their action and consequence. They are for the here and now. I like you and everyone have been praying for them and asking God to help each to find peace.

Love you
Carolyn

Have fun at your picnic.

Kim said...

I looked for that book after we discussed it the last time you were home. I am glad to have a link to it.
I too am just heart broken and wondering how my faith would withstand a tragedy like that. Having a very adventurous almost 4 year old, my thoughts about it have me in a whirlwind of emotions. I pray every night for the family.

Kim

Susan said...

Kelley
I just wanted to say I ditto your thoughts on having a heavy heart too. I don't know the Hummels, only through their blog, but my heart aches for them and the Buck Family too. When I feel like this I know I just need to take it to God and not let Satan fool me with his lies!I hope this school year turns out to be the best year ever for you!
S Simpson